[CQ-Contest] QRP

Dale Martin kg5u at att.net
Thu Dec 18 19:57:07 EST 2014

>Wonder for how long after too many of these the guy would insist on
continuing to send /QRP? Surely most guys aren't that clueless...

>73, kelly
>ve4xt

Hi, Kelly

Maybe not most, but many seem to be....too many...

Back when the Space Shuttle program was active, it was great fun being
'domestic DX' running pile-ups from W5RRR/Johnson Space Center.

Invariably, there would be a few callers who, in the pile-up--no matter
however small--would give their 'last three'...over and over and over.  I
would ignore them and answer those who gave me their full calls. Eventually,
once the pile-up was pretty much worked out, I'd acknowledge the 'last
three' station with "Xray Papa Golf, you are 59 at Johnson Space Center".
Nine times out of ten, the reply would be "Thanks. You are 59 in (state).
73s".

Great fun...

73,
Dale, kg5u