[CQ-Contest] Clarification from DL1MGB

Frank Grossmann frank at grossmann.com
Fri Dec 19 02:39:49 EST 2014

Hi Chris,

you just made the best part of your previous planning obsolete in my eyes. You dared to do something new. Against the idea of a lot of other people who for whatever reason were trying to make sure Assisted will aways stay second in line.

Improvement and advancing technology has always been an important part in Ham Radio, as well as true sportsmanship for contests, especially in WRTC.

Sportsmanship implies that ideally all competitors are compared against one another - the comparison group SO HP is now divided by half allowing for strategic decisions on the competitors side that were not possible before.

And as for technological progress - now the most important factor in promoting that is to make sure people know how to use ReverseBeacon and Clusters without being detected.

And don't tell me people don't do it. And don't tell me that current analysis software will detect that if a clever OP knows how to use it.

And no, I am not saying everyone does. But some sure do.

73
Frank
DL2CC