[CQ-Contest] Logging /QRP

Tim Shoppa tshoppa at gmail.com
Mon Dec 22 09:53:43 EST 2014

I suspect that most of the contest organizers have a stage in log checking
where they strip out meaningless suffixes like /QRP before cross-checking.

Sort of like how I'm sure they ignore leading zeroes vs not leading zeroes
in serial numbers. Remember the FORTRAN format statement that detailed on
how to punch leading zeroes or leading spaces, but to be flexible and
accept either on input?

But generally I log what they send. I'm not actually familiar enough with
state QSO parties to know whether they want me to log the
slash-county-abbreviation stuff with the call or not, but I do know that if
I type that in to a logging program in the callsign field it knows that
W1FAKE/AA is typographically different than W1FAKE/AB and therefore not a
dupe (going back to the "working dupes" thread) as W1FAKE does rover
operation.

Incidentally... speaking of computers and typographical matching... I have
a handful of actual LOTW matches for callsigns with /QRP suffixes. So the
guy on the other end really does consider it part of his actual call and he
has a LOTW certificate with the /QRP on the end.

Details N3QE SP6EIY/QRP 2014-04-26 14:12:00 15M RTTY 21.10107 POLAND
Details N3QE SP6EIY/QRP 2014-04-26 13:19:13 15M RTTY 21.09540 POLAND
Details N3QE JH1GNU/QRP 2014-03-07 21:55:29 10M CW 28.00893 JAPAN

Tim N3QE