[CQ-Contest] IDing

Wayne Kline w3ea at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 20:22:48 EST 2014

Not wanting to stir the POT .  I understand the rare DX station fighting off the DIN and the ID tool to control the hordes

But  like the example you her the pile up or see it in your band scope  do the VFO b to snag it and wait and wait between you A VFO activity.  you  patience finally
at and end you work the  the station  . and Lo and behold   it's  a DUPE and you get the  WB4  or in SSB a  YOUR a DUPE  wasting both my and his time and effort.
    I know a top ten type  contester who always works the station and has a top tier system, his belief is is you don't ID I am not wasting my time listening , I'll work you
ASK you for your CALL.  you'll ltell me I am a dupe and his notion is most  runners would loose  1 for sure  but most likely 2 for not IDing

YMMV   73'   Wayne W3EA