[CQ-Contest] LoTW confirmation rates

Charlie Gallo Charlie at TheGallos.com
Wed Feb 12 07:34:14 EST 2014

On 2/11/2014 Bill Parry wrote:

> I think that the HQ folks had been dragging their feet regarding hiring a
> new tech person to help. The position had been approved a while back and
> nothing had been done. I understand that it was a "subject of conversation"
> at the last board meeting.

I think part of the issue Newington is having right now.  They have a system written in a fairly obscure database (well, compared to SQL server or Oracle) and written in C++ in that section of CT

That area (plus closer to NYC) has a LOT of financial companies, all of whom seem to be looking for C++ developers with high performance database experience.  Basically, you want that, you have to pay.  These are the kind of guys who, if they are willing to go to Manhattan are going to be pulling in the BIG bucks (particularly when you count bonus) - as in north of 200K, and last I looked, the league isn't looking to pay anywhere near that kind of cash...

--
73 de KG2V - Charles Gallo
Quality Custom Machine-shop work for the radio amateur (sm)

---