[CQ-Contest] You can use the internet to make QSOs?

Zack Widup w9sz.zack at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 12:09:19 EST 2014

But how would you know? If I send my exchange and all I get from the other
station is "QSL" or "R" or "TU", then I would have to assume at the moment
that he copied it correctly as far as he was concerned. If he had any
doubt, HE should've asked for a repeat. But if he doesn't, I've done my
work if I sent the exchange correctly. Why should I be penalized for that?

I look at my LCR for ARRL Sweepstakes each year and I see a few people have
copied my check as "69" or "57" or some such. I sent "67."  It is not my
fault they didn't ask for a repeat.

Some people stick with it and make sure it is right. My hat is off to them.

73, Zack W9SZ

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 1:02 AM, Igor Sokolov <ua9cdc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hans,
> Then it is quite logical that if call or exchange info in one of these two
> logs is incorrect, then both stations are penelized in one way or
> another.Right now, if you and I are in the contest QSO and you got my
> exchange incorrectly, what incentive there is for me to spend time to
> correct you? On the other hand, how can I be sure that you put my exchange
> correctly into your log? Or how can you be sure that I have sent my
> exchange correctly? The only way to adjudicate this situation is to listen
> to SDR recording where both sides of the QSO are readable.
>
> 73, Igor UA9CDC
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Radio K0HB" <kzerohb at gmail.com>

>>> ve4xt