[CQ-Contest] CQ Magazine seeing the end of the tunnel

XV4Y (Yan) xv4y at nature-mekong.com
Wed Feb 26 19:26:41 EST 2014

Hi,

I know this is a big out of topic, but as it was discussed before...

CQ Magazine expect mail delivery to be back to normal in March. Hopefully the end of the tunnel.
Transitions are never simple. Printed press is having hard time in any country and in for any subject.
"True journalism" has a cost, both in money and time, but internet gave the fake impression you could have news cheaper and faster... not accounting on the quality and accuracy of it.
Shrinking revenues from advertising and subscriptions. Raising costs with printing and mailing.
CQ Magazine is engaged in reforming its model, and that's something we need to acknowledge.

http://www.cq-amateur-radio.com/news/2014_02_attention_cq_subscriber.html

Perhaps now they have to realize that putting on a website an "online version" of the printed issue does not really work.
News website that earn money online, and I'm talking about quality content and journalism, always have a real "online format", not a quick adaptation.
First let them reduce the losses cutting in printed stuff, then we have to encourage them to increase their revenues switching to a true internet format.

73,
Yan.
---
Yannick DEVOS - XV4Y