[CQ-Contest] NAQP Rules

cqtestk4xs at aol.com cqtestk4xs at aol.com
Mon Jan 13 10:17:19 EST 2014

First, I didn't do the NAQPCW, but almost always do the SSB version.

Once upon a time before I had a big station I was a little pistol too.  I realistically set my goals...maybe first place in FL, maybe top 20, maybe beating my last score, or maybe coming within a few hundred Qs behind the "big boys".  If somneone with a small station always compares himself with big guns, he'llwind up terribly disappointed and will miss a whole lot of fun.

By the way, we Goliaths sometimes get whipped by moderate stations.  I remember in 2005 when I was plagued by severe line noise in the ARRL 10 meter contest.  My 6/6/6/6/6/6 was beaten by a much smaller station.  It does happen.

For an example of what a small station can do in NAQP, check out what K6LL has been able to do.