[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

Michael Adams mda at n1en.org
Thu Jan 30 10:25:35 EST 2014

So, you get in the habit of signing every time:

KP1A TEST
     P51B
P51B 5NN TT1
     5NN TT1
KP1A

Or, if you really begrudge the extra characters at the close of the exchange, if you use computer keying, and if your logger supports it, you set the TU macro to sign every third Q (sending "TU" or "EE" to close the other two Q's).  Easy-peasy.

I could see some justification for a preferring a rule requiring stations to ID at least once every ## seconds to balance sportsmanship with pileup management, but a "sign at least every nth contact" rule is probably easier to comply with, so you don't have to keep track of time.

--
Michael / N1EN