[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX rules, it finally happened

Steve London n2icarrl at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 11:17:23 EST 2014

On 01/31/2014 08:37 AM, Chris Plumblee wrote:

> I've never been to the Caribbean and had to make the choice of whether to
> identify after every qso myself, but there is an easy solution that doesn't
> involve a bunch of hand-wringing just one function key away. Call the other
> station, copy their report, and instead of sending your report, send "CL?".
>
> No DX station has ever refused to send their call when asked, in my
> experience,

You need more experience !

All too often the exchange goes like this:

CQ2LID: TU
N2IC: N2IC
CQ2LID: N2IC 5NN A4
N2IC: CL ?
CQ2LID: TU

CQ2LID has already worked me on 3 other bands, and his log prefills my
Zone 4 exchange. No need for him to wait for me to actually send it.

My solution to this...QSY ! I don't know his call, so I have nothing to
log. He gets what he deserves - a NIL. Loses that QSO and 3 penalty
QSO's (for CQWW).

73,
Steve, N2IC