[CQ-Contest] Comments on CQWW Rules

W0MU Mike Fatchett w0mu at w0mu.com
Tue Jun 24 21:31:31 EDT 2014

The id rule is made specifically for the Click and Pounce crowd.  They
expect that once they click a spot they should be given the callsign so
they can check it against what the computer said work the guy and move
on.  The issue  we have is that they worked the guy without knowing who
they worked and now they wait or clicking the next spot is much too
demanding.  Be thankful we don't have any entities on the do not work
list folks................Think about that....

One private message I got said that it was unfair to them.  So we change
the rule to spoon feed the Clickers and take away a tool from the runners.

Next year the clickers will demand 30 second timers then 15 then every QSO.

When running under most circumstances my rate is much higher when not
spotted during normal operational hours especially as Caribbean DX.  As
soon as the spot hits the rate goes down due to too many callers and
exponential gain in poor operators/operating practices occur on the
frequency in the form of bullies and endless callers.

How about we tape these lids and turn them in at the end of the contest
for possible DQ along with the non iding crowd.......

There is lots of bad operating in the contest, let address those too.

Mike W0MU