[CQ-Contest] Comments on CQWW Rules

David Gilbert xdavid at cis-broadband.com
Wed Jun 25 00:36:52 EDT 2014

I rarely S&P, and it's the casual contester I'm talking about ... the
ones who aren't necessarily trying to maximize their score. They're
there just to have fun, and could very well be drawn to the pileups for
reasons of signal strength or activity.  It's quite one thing to be
willing to wait your turn to break the pileup ... it's quite another to
have to wait purely to find out if you're wasting that time.

In any case, we aren't going to attract more people to contesting by
never trying to do anything different.  I find it difficult to
understand the resistance to a rule addition that is clearly intended to
promote the hobby ... especially since it impacts the rest of us
negligibly.  When I'm running a frequency I consider it my obligation to
get everyone on their way as rapidly as possible and I'm not much of an
operator if I can't figure out how to insert my callsign once every
minute on average without impacting my rate.

Dave   AB7E