[CQ-Contest] Bounces

Dave Pascoe davekm3t at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 10:53:10 EST 2014

Hi all-

There are three ISPs who have been problematic to deliver email to:

1) yahoo.com
2) *.rr.com
3) aol.com

We have made all reasonable commercial efforts to tune our email delivery
system (on lists.contesting.com) to accommodate each ISP's arcane way of
handling suspected spam.  As a long-standing server that has good IP
reputation (98/100 at ReturnPath) and adheres to all internet email
standards, it's disappointing when stuff like this happens.  But it does
from time to time.

So just resubscribe and move on.  And if I can offer a suggestion regarding
rr.com and other local/regional ISP email - don't tie your email to your
ISP.  If another ISP comes to town and you decide to switch, then your
email has to be switched on all your accounts.  Establish an email account
that is ISP-independent.  Local and regional ISP's are typically not very
good at providing quality email service, especially when it comes to spam
filtering.

So look around - there are a lot of possibilities that are not part of my
short list above.  Ask your friends what they like - I won't make any
personal recommendations because everyone's needs are different.

73,
Dave KM3T