[CQ-Contest] N1MM Software - FT-1000 communication

Tom Osborne w7why at frontier.com
Sat Nov 22 12:46:57 EST 2014

On 11/21/2014 8:33 PM, FritzOAQ wrote:
> Tks to all who responded. You guys are great! I'm a little embarrassed to
> report that all I needed to do was use my 25-9 pin adapter hiding over in
> the corner to connect the FIF-232C box to the computer. After a couple
> guesses in N1MM as to which com port I'd plugged it into, all is working
> great. I gess it stopped wking 10 yrs ago cause I forgot to turn on the
> FIF-232C box :) Now if the wx warms up, my rotor wakes up after a 10 year
> nap & the antenna gets up off the ground, I'll be in business.
> Fritz K4OAQ
HI Fritz

Don't know if you have Ham Radio Deluxe installed on your computer or
not, but there is a neat feature of that program that I use.

If you are not sure of the comport or the baud rate, you can connect to
HRD with the 'autoconnect' feature and it will scan the radio until if
finds the right baud rate and right com port.  Makes setup easy.  73
Tom W7WHY