[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

Edward Sawyer SawyerEd at Earthlink.net
Fri Oct 17 16:39:53 EDT 2014

Andy, Personally, I am sorry for your situation.  And sorry that you are
harmed right now.  Is it not possible for you to operate using the Ukrainian
callsign?  I think that I would have worded the CQ announcement differently
but came to the same conclusion. I believe my statement would be that CQ
follows the DXCC and WAE country rules and also requires that a station
identify themselves with the DXCC/WAE country that they are in.  The DXCC
follows the US State Dept recognized county or territory list which I have
to assume still calls that location Ukraine.  So if you signed from Ukraine,
I don't see there being a problem.  I am assuming that WAE has no separate
country status for Crimea.

73

Ed  N1UR