[CQ-Contest] CQ WW SSB

Kostas SV1DPI sv1dpi at otenet.gr
Sun Oct 19 05:23:20 EDT 2014

I would say that CQ (and everyone other) must preserve what the United
Nations say. I agree of course that a Ham wants just to be on the air
and enjoy our hobby. But we can not accept a jungle's law where everyone
does what he wants. As I know UN does not recognise Crimea as part of
Russia at this moment. But CQ has a dirty nest, because has recognised
Kossovo in the past while also United Nations does not recognise it. So
it is true that CQ makes politics at this moment and we fall in the same
trap (we do the same). Even I believe the past decision was wrong (abt
Kossovo), at the present time and before all this conversation take part
it would be better CQ let things without any comment (as rtty section
cleverly did). Nobody would know that a station was from Crimea or
Russia (except Russians stations and possibly some Ukrainians). Now the
best solution is, both ARRL and CQ add into their regulations that "we
accept United Nations borders to determine a country" (Unfortunately
ARRL has done the same mistakes in past). Of course this means that some
already "countries" as Kossovo will be deleted. Any other solution is
unfair for someone and allow us to think that they make politics...

73 Kostas SV1DPI