[CQ-Contest] CQ Reconsiders Policy on Crimea in CQ

Rich K2WR k2wr at njdxa.org
Tue Oct 21 23:45:56 EDT 2014

It takes a lot of character to admit error.  I’m sure Dick and Rich felt they were doing the right thing by taking a stand, but the result was not what very many wanted, and also unfairly penalized the totally innocent.  So, in my view, the new policy (and that of the ARRL) does not register approval or disapproval of the current situation in Crimea, it just leaves it alone for others to sort out.  Now we can all go back to worrying about solar flux and whose antenna is bigger than whose.  Less than 72 hours to go now.

Rich K2WR