[CQ-Contest] Hurricane Gonzalo @ IO9Y in CQWW SSB 2014

Romeo Rabic - S59M rabic.romeo at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 12:33:39 EDT 2014

TO HAM COMMUNITY – IO9Y 2014

It’s with a big sadness that we have to announce that our team, IO9Y,
has lost most of the antennas after Hurricane Gonzalo effects applied on
Mediterranean sea.

All damages happened during the night from October 22nd to 23rd.

We lost almost all antennas (both 4 squares, 160 vertical, yagis,…)

Such a big effort destroyed in a night. A year of investment in energy,
planning, strategy and money.
10 full days of hard work in a true team spirit. Everything ruined in a
night!

The team is now totally down. We don’t know how and when we’ll manage to
leave the island. As all ferries connection as cancelled.

All support is welcome. Our PayPal account is open for those who like to
make a donation.
Please use the following address:

Lampedusa2013 at gmail.com

Reference- Hurricane Gonzalo /IO9Y

On friday Oct. 24th we decide to Enter CQWW in category M/S Low
power......

http://www.3830scores.com/showrumor.php?arg=LNa2zUfivqcvb

73’s from IO9Y - IG9Y Lampedusa Contest Team.

More info on http://ig9y.com

Romeo S59M