[CQ-Contest] Difference between the ICE 419 419A & 419B bandpass filters

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 21:32:33 EDT 2014

Here is a more full story on the Switchable Band Pass Filters.......

The I.C.E. 419 well known for years is made and sold by I.C.E.  Rated at
200watts, the current version is 419B for $318USD.   It has a single rotary
switch on front.  It has an added fuse on its DC supply line compared with
the earlier version 419.  It is purchased from I.C.E.
See

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/filtersrf.html

The AS419 has push buttons and rated at 100 watts.  Although the Web page at

http://www.iceradioproducts.com/  contains the I.C.E logo and info at the
top, this version appears to be made and is definitely sold by Array
Solutions in Texas.  This item sells for $595usd and the separate WARC
version is priced at $525usd.  It is on Web page that is, noted at
bottom, from Array Solutions.

These are separate products, apparently sold by two different ordering
sources.  de K4VUD

On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:23 AM, Bill Hider <n3rr at erols.com> wrote:

> Paul,
>
> These links below will benefit you greatly if you haven't found them on the
> Internet yet:
> Scroll to the bottom each link below, otherwise you will miss some of the
> answers to your questions:
>
> The new - latest version of the I.C.E. model 419, the AS-419, is described
> here:
> http://www.iceradioproducts.com/
>
> The Models 419A & 419B are described here:
> http://www.iceradioproducts.com/filtersrf.html
>
> I used the model 419B for many years then sold the two I had.
> Later, when I implemented my SO2R station, I bought the AS-419.
>
> Bill, N3RR

Charly, HS0ZCW