[CQ-Contest] 2014 Pirate QSO Party

San Fraser wolfsan at baymoon.com
Thu Sep 11 16:37:55 EDT 2014

Jim,

1. Perhaps, but pieces of eight cannot be redeemed for anything in this
contest.

2. Yes, you can tell her that it's a real contest and that the contest
director has verified it with you personally.

3. Very hard to say, as it is the first year this contest has happened.
Your rate will depend on a many factors, including the number of
participants, your station limitations, how much plank-walking is
involved, how much you get distracted by the pirate banter and rules
complications/logging, etc. Maybe about half of whatever rate you make in
simpler and more well-established contests?

73 de San, W6RRR

1.  Does having an "8" in my callsign qualify me as having a piece of
eight?

2.  My wife looked over my shoulder and asked if this was a real  contest.
Or was I reading The Onion?

3.  What sort of (pi)RATE might I expect?

73  -  Jim   K8MR