[CQ-Contest] NA Sprint SSB Activity?

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Mon Sep 15 10:24:20 EDT 2014

That sure was a pretty bad SSB Sprint! I think I ran out of stations to work about 45 minutes in. Not even SO2R helped in finding QSO's. Had to resort to begging for contacts. Ended up quitting for awhile and came back later hoping there would be stations to work on 75 meters. Not much activity then either.

I wonder what happened to this contest? Not real long ago you could make 300 QSO's. The last couple years the activity has decreased and now I think it's reached rock bottom.

Maybe the sponsor should consider moving it to another weekend when there isn't a major contest going on. Maybe that would help breathe some life into it.

Jeff