[CQ-Contest] NA Sprint SSB Activity?

Ken Widelitz widelitz at gte.net
Mon Sep 15 15:16:03 EDT 2014

I was one of the former regulars who didn't participate in this SSB Sprint.
The reason is that I have found the last two hours of the past few SSB
Sprints torture due to limited activity. It seems like a vicious circle.
Less activity begets less activity. SCCC didn't even send out an invite to
be on a team for this one.

IMHO, the way to revitalize the SSB Sprint is to get contest clubs to rally
members to get on teams. Ten teams of ten members is worth a potential
additional 300 QSOs.

How about this: I'll sponsor a trophy for the highest scoring member of a
contest club's SECOND team, providing at least 5 contest clubs have two
teams of 10 members and each member of each team makes at least 50 QSOs.
Maybe a 3-D printed statue of a sprinter carrying a microphone instead of a
baton???:)

73, Ken, K6LA / VY2TT