[CQ-Contest] NA Sprint SSB Activity?

K4XS via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Mon Sep 15 17:16:45 EDT 2014

I agree that activity has hit an all time low.

I've been doing Sprint since the 80s and unless you got over 300 Qs  you
lost and might not even make top 5.

In the Sprint last Saturday I had a malfunction of my 40 meter  antenna
after only 5 or so Qs, leaving only 20 (which had pretty well petered  out) and
80 which was nil for activity.  Having only made a miserable 90+  Qs in
almost two hours I decided to throw in the towel.   Boring!!!

In the last few Sprints it has been pretty much begging to get Qs  and then
the top guys only made around 240-250 Qs, many of them begging  Qs.

This used to be a great contest and it's said the contest has  become a
shell of its old self.

Bill K4XS/KH7XS

In a message dated 9/15/2014 8:42:47 P.M. Coordinated Universal Time,