[CQ-Contest] NA Sprint SSB Activity?

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Sep 16 00:46:43 EDT 2014

The Manager of the SSB Sprint is a member of our club. I saw him at the
NCCC meeting last week, when he talked for 45 minutes about CQP (of
which he is also the Chair), but said not a word about SSB Sprint. His
announcement on this reflector was a few hours before the start, far too
late to promote activity or organize teams. Not a single word moved on
the NCCC reflector about SSB Sprint until it was over.  Perhaps SSB
Sprint needs someone with the fire in his ass to make things happen.
N5KO and I have been talking about some sort of campaign to build
activity in the CW Sprint.  He's got databases from participants from
prior years that could be used for postcards or emails. I'm willing to
kick in some bucks to make it happen.

This time around, I started about 45 minutes late and quite about 50
minutes early when Qs were >5 minutes apart on 80M, my best band.

73, Jim K9YC