[CQ-Contest] NA Sprint SSB Activity?

K8MR via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Tue Sep 16 09:15:13 EDT 2014

Something I would suggest considering:

Rather that place the SSB Sprint on a fixed calendar date (second Saturdays
 of February and September), run it on weekends that by virtue of calendar
oddities do not have other major contests at the same time.

In 2014 this would have included such dates as Saturday evening May 31,
when the weekend was in two different months; and November 8 or 22, the
second or fourth weekend of a month that has five full weekends (with major
contests on the first, third and last weekends).

Some prime dates in 2015 would include January 31 (a month splitting
weekend) that has only the UBA SSB DX contest listed on WA7BNM; or in May,
August, or October,  which have five full weekends this year.

The low activity in the last Sprint was for a lot more reasons than
competition with the WAE SSB, the ARRL VHF QSO Party, or the Arkansas QSO Party.
But wiith careful date placement, you might get those people who
desperately need a contest fix, with few or no other options.

73  -  Jim  K8MR

In a message dated 9/16/2014 6:14:46 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,