[CQ-Contest] Where have all the young ones gone? courtesy of Pete Seeger

Bokverket info at bokverket.com
Wed Apr 22 17:10:12 EDT 2015

Reading Colin's post,  the ham radio contesting community must have made
some mistake somewhere along the road. Where is the prize money?  Big outlay
for antenna farms, a diploma as reward.  ESports small outlay for the app,
big rewards in terms of ad money as you are watched playing on YouTube,
sponsors etc.

Ad money goes where the audiences are.  Of course YouTube and related
technology was not available "back then", but with the fabled inventiveness
of hams, why didn't we invent it?  Like we (VE3...) did with the Skimmer,
DX cluster, repeaters.  And seriously, judging from some YouTube clips of
contesters, what's the fun watching someone yelling CQ contest and saying
some strange letters plus typing at a keyboard and staring at some dials?

Best, reminiscencing,

Goran/SM0DRD