[CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics

kr2q at optimum.net kr2q at optimum.net
Tue Aug 11 10:56:16 EDT 2015

Yes, the answer depends upon
1.  How loud I am
2.  Speed / Ability to copy QRQ cw of the other guy
3.  How loud he is relative to band conditions and QRM

WAE is one of my favorite contests, exactly because of QTCs (but admittedly, I have not
operated in one in many years for various reasons).

Some guys say that it ruins their run.  I have never been that lucky to have a run to ruin.
I have had runs, but nothing "outstanding."  So in my case, QTCs is a change to improve
my "rate."  If I know the other guy and he can copy QRQ, I'll crank it up and left them rip
(one at a time, waiting for his "dit" that he got that one OK).

For me, it sure adds fun and allows me to hit a rate that I would not otherwise achieve.

I'll try to just send 10 at a time, but near the end, anything goes.

And no, I never operated the WAE QRP (if you're wondering).

de Doug KR2Q