[CQ-Contest] RBN high busted rate during WAE DX?

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Tue Aug 11 19:01:48 EDT 2015

If various receivers of the RBN are reading you as DT7H or IT7H, maybe you
should be looking at your leading dits in your callsign and not presuming
all the receivers of the RB Network are broken.

There was one station who was very thumpy clicky this weekend (with a C and
an R in his callsign) No doubt the RBN may have had trouble with him, too.
(I don't know; don't care)

There was also a DL (I forget who now) who I heard on several occasions
sending either 100-something 200-somethng etc. or 1000-something serial
numbers and there was no leading dit whatsoever. None.

His callsign sounded fine, just no leading dit in his serial numbers.  I
presume it was a T/R relay in his amp keying cct  (or something)...

Anyways, it sure sounds like a keying issue not "all the RBN network
receivers are broken" issue, to me.

Others with more intimate knowledge of the RBN are surely going to weigh in.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB