[CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics

Mats Strandberg sm6lrr at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 05:51:27 EDT 2015

I think such mistakes are more exclusions than a rule... I maintain my view
that most serious EU participants have good control of from whom to receive
QTC.

Imagine if all started using this long message QTC? DE R3/SM6LRR (or
similar) - and when you have 2-3 stations doing it simultaneously.... The
delay and loss of RUN rate is inevitable.

A short QTC?  Or even homemade abbreviation "Q?", even sent by 3-4 stations
at the same time, can easily be answered "R" or "NO".  If yes, I just reply
"DE RM2D".

If God Forbid.... I don't keep track of received QTC, the DX can just
answer (SRI) B4.

Can it be much easier? Why complicate things more than necessary just
because some exceptional EU can not check if QTCs are available or not.

Just my 5 cents on how to make dialogue faster and more efficient...

73 de RM2D, Mats