[CQ-Contest] WAE QTC tactics

Christian Schneider prickler.schneider at t-online.de
Thu Aug 13 03:42:56 EDT 2015

Am 12.08.2015 um 23:58 schrieb Saulius Zalnerauskas:
> And dont use this stupid @TEST@ after CQ TEST CALL CALL
Why "stupid"???
If I come to a frequency only hearing tailend "LY5W" I do NOT know
whether you are calling CQ or calling another station. When you leave
out "test" forcing me to wait whether to call or not you save time at my
expense. Could be called stupid, too.
Both ways have advantages and disadvantages, but stupid is something
different.  In RTTY for example it is a well established practice to add
"CQ" at the end of your CQ-string after your call.
Chris DL8MBS