[CQ-Contest] Future of Paper Certificates

ve4xt at mymts.net ve4xt at mymts.net
Sun Aug 30 14:05:39 EDT 2015

Contests were never money makers for any magazine. The difference is the cost of the contest was easily covered by other revenues, including subscription revenue, which dictated advertising revenue: the more subscribers, the more you could obtain for advertising.

That formula holds in reverse: the fewer readers, then you have fewer advertisers each willing to pay less.

As revenue falls, something has to give.

73, Kelly
ve4xt

Sent from my iPad