[CQ-Contest] Future of Paper Certificates

Rudy Bakalov r_bakalov at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 14:06:03 EDT 2015

Publishing online has nothing to do with embracing the Internet. The internet is just another distribution method.
One example of embracing the internet is creating a community. The most basic example is this very reflector. CQ Magazine could have acquired contesting.com and folded it under the magazine's brand thereby creating an instant community. Readers seek fresh content and successful publications know how to harness the power of user/members created content, members participation, etc.

I still don't understand how they sponsor the contest if the work is done by volunteers. Is it the certs?
Rudy N2WQ