[CQ-Contest] Is it time that the contest sponsors officially identify SCP as "assisted?"

ve4xt at mymts.net ve4xt at mymts.net
Thu Dec 3 13:20:16 EST 2015

Further to Hans' point: some contests define assistance as the use of local, multi-channel decoders (local skimmers), but do not include in that definition local, single-channel decoders.

A local skimmer will populate your bandmap just like DXCluster, while a single-channel decoder means you still have to find them on your own.

A skilled CW op should be able to vastly outperform someone who uses a decoder, no? So is the objection then merely, "Hey, I had to learn the code, so he should, too"?

73, kelly, ve4xt,

Sent from my iPhone