[CQ-Contest] High Rate Dual Radio CQing

Björn SM0MDG bjorn at sm0mdg.com
Sun Dec 6 05:46:14 EST 2015

On 02 Dec 2015, at 17:32, Matt Murphy <matt at nq6n.com> wrote:

> I agree. It's extremely impressive.  Was there a rule change that allowed
> this to happen this year, or did N6MJ and Ct1BOH come up with the idea?

There is no rule prohibiting “duelling CQ”, i.e. running on two bands simultaneously. This is OK with the rules as long as only one signal is transmitted at any time. I have checked this personally with the CQ contest promotor a few years ago before adopting this way of operation.

To me this is useful even at low rates at the end of the contest as calling CQ on two bands are more likely to increase the rate than working just one band.

In addition N1MM is set do this with an additional SO2R controller and two radios.

73 de Björn,
SM0MDG
SE0X