[CQ-Contest] Category hopping, new angle

Jeff Clarke ku8e at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 10 13:24:32 EST 2015

Mats,

Zone 33 and 35 are nothing like zone 9. I haven't operated from either but the numbers on 15/10 meters I see from stations who operate multi-op from there are as good or better than the 3 big multi stations in zone 9 - P40L, PJ2T, PJ4A and the P40W single op. We usually get killed on 160 and 80 in both QSO's and multipliers.

It should be interesting to see what happens in the coming years as the sunspots go down. We can usually still run both the US and EU on both 15/10 meters when the sunspots are low. Not sure if they will still be able to do that from zones 21, 33 and 35.

Jeff