[CQ-Contest] Sat Night Sprint

Kelly Taylor ve4xt at mymts.net
Mon Feb 2 15:05:08 EST 2015

Considering how SO2R QSOs are interwoven, it's possible no rules were
broken.

If station 1 is beginning the Q on radio 2 during his Q with station 2 on
the first radio, it's more than possible he could be finished the
second-radio Q and be back on the original frequency in time to work station
3 and still be in compliance.

Unlike SO2V (switching VFOs), with SO2R you don't necessarily devote your
attention to each radio separately, you divide your attention, interweaving
TX and RX between radios to stay onside of rules mandating only one
transmitted signal at any one time. If you transmit on one and listen on the
other, you're only transmitting one signal at a time. You take advantage of
the fact you can listen on the second radio while sending your exchange on
the first and vice-versa.

Then again, could be people just playing and not intending to submit a log,
in which case they don't need to subjugate themselves to any contest rule.

73, kelly
ve4xt