[CQ-Contest] Making New Contesters, & A Class for Old Ones.

Joe nss at mwt.net
Fri Jan 16 10:48:49 EST 2015

I was thinking last night when I couldn't sleep. About two possible new
entry classes for some contests.

As a guy that just can no longer do even a 24 hour Sweepstakes anymore.
The old body just can't do it.
How about a new class for us old farts, a Multi Single.
Not as multi op single transmitter, but as
Multi op,, single op
Huh?

Think just like any single op class where a single op does all the work,
But there is more than one operator, they take turns at the radio.
Only one is at the radio operating at any time, but they take turns,
when the op gets tired someone else takes over.
It is always just like a single OP in operation, except the operators
take turns.

The other is the "Elmer" class

This is close to single Op, where a single Operator is doing all the
radio work,

there is an "Elmer" sitting next to him helping them, giving advice, the
"Elmer" never actually operates the radio, they are there just to help
the newbie learn and do a contest.

Thoughts?

Joe WB9SBD