[CQ-Contest] NAQP Names

Charles Gerarden cgerarden at atomix.com
Sat Jan 17 12:05:05 EST 2015

I may play around in the NAQP SSB contest just to check antennas, but I
will still follow the NAQP rules as written
and use my name or accepted nickname that others know me by.

While I don't have a problem with using actual names of SK hams to honor
their passing, It seems some
people think it is OK to select names, that are in fact not names, in
order to make a statement,
political or otherwise. If these attention grabbers really want to
impress us, how about keeping your butt
in the chair and putting in a big score?

As an alternative to using names of hams we wish to remember, how about
forming teams using the hams
name or call sign. This way the results get printed as part of the
permanent record in NCJ. What better way
to remind us of the SK when perusing old contest results. Nobody is
going to remember the name/callsign
that  was used in past contests, but we can see it as part of the past
contest team record. An example is:
AI6V Memorial Team 1, K9MUG memorial team.

Chuck
W0DLE