[CQ-Contest] Cross-Entity Remote for Contesting and DXCC Now..

Ron Notarius W3WN wn3vaw at verizon.net
Thu Jan 22 08:29:58 EST 2015

The Board voted based on the recommendation of the DXAC.

The DXAC based their decision on input from the ARRL members.  At least in theory.

Of course, it would have been nice if the DXAC rep from each Division had at least made a token effort to gather input from the membership.  All i can tell you is that I never heard a whisper regarding a request for input -- neither as a Member or as a Newsletter Editor who would have printed such a request to inform people.

Ultimately, though, it doesn't matter.  Either YOU have integrity in how YOU operate in contests, chase DX, and apply for awards... or YOU don't.

If YOU don't, your accomplishments are meaningless.  If YOU do, then they are not.   (And I mean "YOU" as in the reader, not in Paul or any one individual specifically)

73, ron w3wn

On 01/22/15, Paul O'Kane wrote:

On 22/01/2015 02:51, Gerry Hull wrote:

> For those of you who are interested in cross-entity remote operation, it
> will now count for
> both contesting and DXCC, for stations on both ends of the QSO. The
> transmitter country
> will determine the entity for DXCC.

The intent of the new rule is stated to be -

“It will continue to be up to the operator to decide what
types of legal remote control operating he/she will use
(if any) to contribute to an operating award,”

It's clear this represents an abdication of responsibility
by the ARRL. Welcome to the brave new world of the American
Internet Relay League.

73,
Paul EI5DI