[CQ-Contest] How to change rules in a Contest

Hank Greeb n8xx at arrl.org
Sun Jan 25 14:14:44 EST 2015

Why don't we discuss something concerning something over which we have
some control, like:

"How many Angels can dance on the head of a pin?"

We here in this contest will NOT be able to convince the organizers of
contests of the irrationality of nor the reason to change the use of
Sections in Contests.

I've been advised by my Dictator, errr, Director of the Grate Leaks,
errr, Great Lakes Division that in order to make any even minor change
in the rules of a contest, the Contest Advisory Committee (CAC) must be
consulted first, then the Bored of Dictators, errr.... Board of
Directors may or may not concur with the recommendation and may or may
not make a change.  And, the change may or may not be congruent with the
advice give by the CAC.

So, how about some august members of the group who wants a change get
together, preferably with support of a sympathetic Director, and
petition the ARRL to make a change, with logical, non pejorative
arguments, and include signatures of a significant number of "recognized
top contest ops" along with the peitition?   Methinks this would be
somewhere between 0.001% and 100% more effective than "p....ing and
moaning" about these rules as they currently exist.

With private contests, such as CQ, and now the SSB Sprint, this may be
easier.  But, jawboning about it in this medium won't "hack it."

Yes, we may vent our spleens, etc., but will this accomplish anything,
really.  Really?  REALLY?????

72/73 de n8xx Hg
QRP >99.44% of the time