[CQ-Contest] seeking 9band bandpass filter unit

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Tue Jul 21 15:55:40 EDT 2015

On Tue,7/21/2015 11:28 AM, Wayne Kline wrote:
> Hi Jim.      Bob 5B4AGN,s.  Band pass filter kit,s are tempting.  The
> site has rough assembly (ballpark) winding facts.   Being retired I my
> self no longer have the access to a network analizer .  The assembled
> kits are a work of art. And IMHO  a winner if you have access to the
> tools to achive the W3NQN design  limits

I agree that a VNA is needed for best results. I own the VNWA 3e
designed by DG8SAQ and sold by a ham in the UK. Three years ago, it cost
me about $700 delivered to my door in W6.

http://sdr-kits.net/VNWA3_Description.html

Ask around among your ham friends -- there's a good chance that you can
borrow a VNA.

Other potential issues -- you'll need to solder a lot of SMT bypass caps
on the motherboard and on the daughterboards. Those are large enough
that most of us can do it. The tiny ones on the decoder board are
another story -- I got a neighbor to do those for me.

73, Jim K9YC