[CQ-Contest] Sourcing ferrites and flooded heat shrink

Richard Thorne rthorne at rthorne.net
Wed Jul 22 07:07:31 EDT 2015

Pete,

Check out fastenal . com  Do a search on adhesive-lined heat shrink.
They have a local outlet here and they had various sizes on a rack at
the store.  It's a little pricey but it works very well.  Heat it up, it
shrinks and towards the end of the process a little of the glue ridge
sets up nice around the joint assuring you that you have a nice seal.

I bought a few packages of the heavy wall .80" diameter x 6" long
adhesive lined heat shrink to fit over N connectors that will be
installed on LMR-600.

Ordering on line is fast.  I ordered a bunch of galvanized hardware for
a tower project, the web site is very easy to use,  especially for order
bolts,nuts and washers.

Rich - N5ZC