[CQ-Contest] LY9W ? - time to ban SCP?

Charles Harpole hs0zcw at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 20:12:35 EDT 2015

Doug, I fully agree with you, but we must face the fact that contesting is
no more.  Automation of all kinds has removed the original reason for
contests... copying skill improvement and fun.
Now a "contest" is an exercise in using data bases and automated stations
which are very different skills.  Mourn for the good old days and contest
for yourself, not the other bogus scores.

My reaction is to seldom send in a log and never even look at other
scores.... meaningless now.... and no way to recover the former contest
ways.
73, Charly

Charly, HS0ZCW