[CQ-Contest] Low Power vs High Power

Ed Sawyer sawyered at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 4 08:51:42 EDT 2015

Did anybody else feel like VY2ZM sounded "a tad light" this weekend when
called?  Did anyone hear me for the first time this contest season and say -
wow - that's louder than I have ever heard Ed?

When big stations go from 100 - 150W to 1500W or vice versa, you can tell.
Its not possible to change power that much and not have people notice.

Just food for thought as people discuss the power levels of contesting
categories.

In fact, it could be argued, if you can't change power enough to matter, and
therefore be noticed, just like Jeff and I did, why be tempted to at all.

73

Ed  N1UR