[CQ-Contest] Beginner Contester Flyer

john at kk9a.com john at kk9a.com
Fri Jun 19 07:13:35 EDT 2015

This reminds me of the awesome K2GL "To win the world" video.  It would be
great if this was on youtube or somehow available.  I would love to see it
again.

John KK9A

To:	CQ-Contest <cq-contest at contesting.com>
Subject:	Re: [CQ-Contest] Beginner Contester Flyer
From:	David Siddall <hhamwv at gmail.com>
Date:	Thu, 18 Jun 2015 17:43:21 -0400

Indeed, Bill Leonard, W2SKE (SK) was former president of CBS News and wrote
the ham classic back in 1958 for Sports Illustrated.  As a aside, today's
ARRL "Professional Media Award" is named after Bill.  The story grew from
Bill's experience at Buzz Reeve's legendary K2GL station, which is part of
the article.  An authorized reprint of the article is at:
http://home.comcast.net/~hardwicks/Contests.pdf

73, Dave K3ZJ