[CQ-Contest] Bravo - CQ

Pete Smith N4ZR n4zr at contesting.com
Thu Jun 25 21:15:05 EDT 2015

Begging your pardon, but I'm not confused, Jim.  Such bonding may be
required in your locality, but here, in older houses, everything back to
2-wire knob and tube is permitted. Moreover, the size of the bonding
conductors often does not meet your specifications (you see, I did read
the presentation).

I acknowledge that the other topic, bonding within the station, is a
different matter.  I've done a lot of that to solve AC hum issues, in
particular. The only point I was trying to make is that sometimes the
best can be the enemy of the good, and if a couple of isolation
transformers are an alternative to solving all of the pin one problems
you point out in modern station equipment, that may make sense.

73, Pete N4ZR
Download the new N1MM Logger+ at
<http://N1MM.hamdocs.com>. Check
out the Reverse Beacon Network at