[CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Mar 29 02:43:59 EDT 2015

On Sat,3/28/2015 5:18 PM, K8MR via CQ-Contest wrote:
> I'll spot Asian or Pacific mults, but I rarely bother to spot common
> Europeans.

Obviously, interesting to one operator is boring to others. BUT -- I
find it VERY useful to know who is hearing what on various bands, and
especially around my frequency. Example -- tonight, I was running on
75M, and saw a spot for an EI about 1 kHz from me. I slid down a kHz or
so so that the guys on the east coast calling him wouldn't cover me up,
so I would still have a chance to work them. That turned out to be a
good move -- a few minutes later, EA7 called me.

I admit to getting really lazy about spotting. Thanks for the prod.

73, Jim K9YC