[CQ-Contest] Posting Scores

K8MR via CQ-Contest cq-contest at contesting.com
Sat Mar 28 20:18:10 EDT 2015

 From my experience, the decision to spot is largely a judgement of what
one thinks would be interesting for somebody to work. In my time at the
K8AZ multiop efforts, when on the multiplier station, or listening on a
band we aren't using at the time, I'll spot Asian or Pacific mults, but
I rarely bother to spot common Europeans.

I sense the same thing (by checking spots after the contest) in
domestic contests, that guys in North Dakota or Wyoming get a lot more
spots than us folks in Ohio.

On a different subject, today in Florida, not inspired to drag out the
KX3 and antennas to do QRP on SSB to give out the rare K8 multiplier, I
checked into the WPX scoreboard. It was about as interesting to a
non-participating person as is watching paint dry. (That's paint on
walls, not drying body paint which can be quite interesting  :-)  ).  I
can't imagine trying to introduce somebody to contesting by having them
watch a glorified spread sheet.

Now maybe if we could hear streaming audio from CN2AA . . .

73  -  Jim  K8MR