[CQ-Contest] Log Checking Technology

Gerry Hull gerry at yccc.org
Wed May 6 10:29:14 EDT 2015

If winning is the only goal, then being beat by a cheater is a real downer.
  If you finish #2 behind a cheater, and they are not caught, you are still
the winner among your peers.  Yes, it does not go in the record books, but
you and the people that matter will know the truth.

However, catching cheaters is very hard in this type of competition.  The
contest committee is doing 1000% better than the past 100 years.
Technology, and a willingness to go after cheaters, is making that happen.

That said, you are NEVER going to eliminate cheating. There are so many
methodologies that are not possible to catch.  The way to stop cheating is
to make it NOT WORTH IT.
Are proven cheaters banned from the next contest?  Perhaps the only way to
nip this in the bud is to make the penalty for being caught cheating VERY
harsh -- perhaps being banned for 5 years or more might do it..

73, Gerry W1VE