[CQ-Contest] TO7A

Mike Smith VE9AA ve9aa at nbnet.nb.ca
Fri May 8 16:44:53 EDT 2015

For whatever reason my previous message was blank ! Weird.  Here we go
again:

I don't know any of the details, but one thing I have not seen mentioned
was:

Was he connected to a telnet or packet or RBN/Skimmer cluster somewhere?

Surely sysops have logs of who was connected when. (perhaps with an
alternate callsign?)

Couldn't have been too many folks connected on Martinique during this time
frame, eh?

Not accusing. As I said; I have no details.  Just never saw it mentioned.

I only thought of this, as years ago, I left one of the computers in the
house on, parked on ON4KST 50Mhz chat for probably close to a day, while I
was in the shack in for ARRL VHF contest, only to emerge from the shack @
suppertime, wander into the livingrom and dioscover much to my horror that
"VE9AA" was getting gobs of spots all day long.

 I entered as "assisted" (M/S I think the ARRL called it) even though I had
not looked at a single spot.  I figured there was no way I would be able to
explain my way out of that one, even though it was the truth.

Was something like this the cause of "assistance" ? We may never know, but
I've not seen it mentioned.

Mike VE9AA

Mike, Coreen & Corey

Keswick Ridge, NB